Monday, February 21, 2011

Beastly & Snow

Seriously, New York City is bipolar. Just three days ago, the weather hit 65 F, and people were walking down the street wearing shorts! Now? There's snow everywhere and the weather dropped to a low 29 F. In the span of three days it dropped that much! The weather here is insane. I'm not planning on going outside today, so I think I'll try to make some cupcakes(The horror! Did I not learn my lesson from the terrible flan I made yesterday?). I have frosting so I'll just lather a thick layer on top of my cupcakes if the cupcakes turn out terrible, and no one will know. ;)



This is how the snow looks around New York. Actually, this was taken a long time ago- like a month ago? I'm just putting it up now to show how the snow looks like here. The sunset was really gorgeous that day, it was something I couldn't capture on my camera (especially since I was using my phone's camera to take this pic). You really had to be there to experience the true beauty of it; it was majestic. The usually vibrant street was really empty because it was 7 in the morning when I took that picture haha. In the background you can see the trademark yellow school buses and a taxi cab near the Mobil gas station.


Strange guy coming towards me! I was just idly taking pictures, I didn't even notice him lol. I don't think he minded too much though. Contrary to popular belief, New Yorkers are not rude nor mean lol. I guess we're just busy people, and sometimes we don't have time to stop and help the hundreds of tourists that come here every day (no sarcasm here). 

Besides NewYork's bipolar-ness, I found a new movie I want to see really badly! 

It's a new adaptation of Beauty and the Beast!  It looks very fun. Vanessa Hudgens looks much better than I last saw her (High School Musical 3 lol) and Alex Pettyfer looks as good as always (before he became a "beast" I mean). 

Watch the trailer here: 




It's been getting good reviews, and I'll probably watch it as soon as it hits the theaters. 

Well, time to make some warm cupcakes! My battery's running out. -_-' I have an appointment with Apple tomorrow to replace my charger. For some reason my charger refuses to charge my laptop, and I have...34% power left. This is so inconvenient! Especially since it's snowing out and it's going to be hell getting on the train tomorrow to get there. Sigh. Maybe I'll take pictures of the Apple store on 5th Ave and post it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment