Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fail Flan

It's a Sunday, I got bored and I did not feel like writing at all, so I made the terrible mistake of making a flan. Now I absolutely adore flan; it's one of my favorite desserts. I looked up the recipe online and I had all the ingredients, so I thought why not make a flan? *sigh* I should've known with my cooking skills nothing ever goes right.

Well, these were the ingredients:



First, I had to melt a cup of sugar. Well, I melted it perfectly...with a plastic spoon. I started to mix the sugar with a plastic spoon, thinking oh, I could just throw this plastic spoon out rather than using a metal spoon and having to wash it. It never occurred to me that the freaking plastic spoon would MELT. -_-' The plastic melted in with the sugar, and the sugar that was melted perfectly had bits of plastic in it...I panicked, and without thinking, I poured all the hot melted sugar in a freaking PLASTIC GARBAGE BAG. How dumber could I get?! The plastic bag obviously melted, and it got all over the floor...I spent 15 minutes scraping the hardened melted sugar off the kitchen floor. I started melting the sugar all over again, with a METAL spoon this time and it actually turned out well....



...But that was the only thing that went well. Idk why, I followed all the instructions! I mixed it perfectly too! But...but this was my final product:



When I tell people I'm a terrible cook, they go "Oh no. Don't say that, I'm sure you're not," or "Don't lower your self esteem, and stop trying to make people pity you, I'm sure you're a good cook."

Yeah, yeah. Does THIS look like a good cook to you?!  Next time they say that, I'm going to shove this down their throats and they'll die of food poisoning. T_T



D: And I said this before, but I followed ALL the instructions perfectly! I don't know what's wrong with me. I must've been born without the cooking gene...sigh. Oh well. I'll live...maybe marry a chef or something.

On a brighter note, I finally got some exercising done today. This damn treadmill at my house...it's my savior but also my killer. We have a love/hate relationship lmfao.


1 comment: